i first came to paris one year ago. it was 1899, the summer of love.
Come on and stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth and love.
why does my heart cry,feelings i cant fight! your free to leave me but just don't deceive me, and please believe me when i say i love you.
from "moulin rouge" (2001)
- Satine: Besides, I can't fall in love with anyone
- Christian: Can't... fall... in love? But, a life without love, that's... terrible...
- Satine: No, being on the street, that's terrible.
- Christian: No! Love is like oxygen!
- Satine: What?
- Christian: Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love!
- Christian: [bursts out into song]
“I owe you nothing. And you are nothing to me. Thank you for curing me of my ridiculous obsession with love.” —Christian (moulin rouge, 2001) (via margoism)
“The show must go on, Satine. We’re creatures of the underworld. We can’t afford to love.” —Zidler (from “moulin rouge” 2001) (via margoism)